VPL plugin is used so that student can make and compile program online.
VPL stands for Virtual programming language. Generally, it is an activity module for Moodle that manage programming assignments.
Steps to install VPL Plugin
- Download the plugin from here.
- Extract the plugin in moodle/mod directory
- Change the permission. by using$chmod -R 755 vpl or
$chmod -R 777 vpl
- Then open localhost/moodle in browser.
- and go to dashbord>check for plugin dashboard.
That’s it your plugin is integrated with moodle.
This will give the output. But it is for a couple of days. We have to install Jail server which I will discuss in my next post.
Any queries comment below. 🙂
Moodle sounds like doodle :p But no its totally different.
Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment abbreviated as Moodle is the learning platform based on strong pedagogical principles, providing a private learning space for you to design online courses with flexible content and collaborative activities so your students are constantly experiencing feedback.
More than 68 million users along the globe widely using Moodle as Learning Management System(LMS) Because of its 3 main features.
- Moodle is Open Source and Free
Yeah! Moodle LMS itself is free as in terms of freedom and Cost. It is an open source software distributed under the GNU General Public License. In less technical terms, this means that users and organizations have the freedom to run, study, share, and modify the software to meet their unique needs.
- Moodle is supported by a global community
One of the reasons why Moodle is the world’s best LMS is because it supported by a global community of developers. A large benefit of open-source software is that the code is open for scrutiny. This means that developers from all over the world can access the code, and modify it so that it is more secure.
Also, there are 144 million forum posts and 72 million Moodle learning resources.
- Moodle is Configurable, Highly flexible and feature rich.
With over 500 Moodle plugins developed by the global community, your learners, managers and administrators have the opportunity to flourish in an environment that makes learning collaborative, engaging and fun.
How to install Moodle?
- Download latest version of Moodle from here
- Extract it and place this directory into your server(/var/www/).
- Open localhost/moodle from the browser and follow the steps.
Congratulation, You are done.
For more details click here.
Any queries? comment below