Yesterday i was working on java script using superhero.js. So after that i have started working on yeoman
Many of us knows how to develop a web app. And Rest of us want to know.
So shall we discuss about the problems faced during developing a web app?
1. Start- many of us are lazy to start developing a web app
2. Manage- how to manage the bulk of code?
3. Optimize speed
4. Testing- a lot of time is wasted to think and find the tool for testing testing is also of various types
5. Application database
Till the end we were totally fed up and quit before completing the app
Good news for all of us
Yeoman beautifully and amazingly solve this problem
1. Kick start
3. Create skeleton
Now what is yeoman
Yeoman is the web scaffolding tool for the modern web.
It has a generator eco system( generator is a plugin which scaffold using yo command)
Tools used in yeoman
1. The scaffolding tool –Yo
2. The build tool- grunt and glup
3. The package manager- bower and npm
The build tool
– css valid or not – wouldn’t you find it interesting to know whether the css is valid or not?
– optimized- would u like the css and js html to be already optimized
– load time- have u tested your code without remembering to check the load time
– structure or simplify your work
– less or sass
What is grunt?
The java script task runner
With literally 100 of plugins to choose from you can use grunt to automate
You can publish ur own grunt too
Npm install -g grunt-cli
Npm install grunt
Preparing a new grunt project
Add two files in your project
1. Package.json- used by npm to store metadata
2. Gruntfile – gruntfile.js or gruntfile.coffee
Now why Susy ?
In bootstrap foundation their are fixed number of columns and everything is fixed here u just need to implement your site. But the major drawback in bootstrap the website design of bootstrap look similar with other websites which are design in it. The same button,
Same text box, so to over come all this we use susy
Susy is totally flexible toolkit. The columns can be defined by user itself. Moreover it has more functionality and tools.